Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Autel, please fix high CPU usage from PC...
Autel, please fix high CPU usage from PClink.exe on Maxisys

2443 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-03 20:39:47

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-06-02 04:34:16
    Does this across Win7/Win10 x64 OS on several different machines. PCLink has some sort of memory leak or god knows what. After running for several hours it begins to consume CPU resources like crazy and won't let up. I've created a batch file that restarts the process every 4 hours, but this shouldn't be necessary. Please fix. 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    importrepair

2017-06-29 13:57:31 (Reply to:nikkoms)

Hey, do you mind posting the contents of that batch file so I can make one also?

The only reason this PC is usable is that it's a dual core and PCLink.exe is only running up the CPU of one. So yeah it eats half my CPU power even at idle. 

Autel does not seem very helpful or communicative about this problem.

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms
    2017-10-03 20:39:47 (Reply to:importrepair)
     Hey,

What OS are you running? In Windows 10 task manager, go to the 'Details' tab and find PCLink.exe. Right click it and select 'Set Affinity'. Set it to use only one of your 2 cores. Right click PCLink.exe again and under 'Set priority' choose 'Low'. 

I am no computer wizard, and the batch file I made was not working properly. I'd really like to know what the app is doing that causes the CPU to climb so much. Bitcoin mining? It would really be nice if Autel would respond to this. I love their products, but their customer service is straight up non-existent. I've created countless tickets regarding this issue and not one response. 
  Total1 Pages